FingerPaints New Shades for February

6:47 PM

Hello everyone! Today I have swatches of some new FingerPaints polishes joining the line this month.

8 polishes ranging from glitters and shimmers to neons and a lovely creme. I'll also be sharing my thoughts on these new additions... A neon base and top coat. 
Neon base coat, Neon top coat
Oh by the way, I'm also one of those picky whiners who doesn't like to wear a white base under a neon. Still, I wanted to see what these were all about. In my opinion this base coat is just a two coat white creme. It's not a hot streaky mess, it's opaque in two coats. I'm not sure if it has any base coat properties, or if it's just a normal white creme. I didn't do any testing time or anything. The top coat has that slight blue uv tint to it, here I held my gel curing lamp up to it so it would give off a glow. Sadly like an airhead I didn't actually take a picture of this top coat on the nail over a neon this way. Sigh. Best blogger ever.
neon top coat
Over all I like the idea but I'm going to have to try this over a neon and see if I'm impressed. 

Onto the polishes! 

A-Cry-Lic A Girl
A-cry-lic A Girl
2 coats + top coat. This is a super pretty pink with a shimmer running through it. I loves! 

Clay On Words
Clay On Words
This is 3 thin coats and brighter in person. It has a shimmer running through it also so I decided to skip the neon base coat. I'm sort of wishing I had used the base coat though. This is not quite a highlighter orange but it's still pretty bright. 

Dye-Ing To Know
Dye-ing To Know
So back to that whiny about neons needing white bases..... If I have to use 2 coats of white I draw the line at 1 coat of neon...so this is 1 coat over 2 coats of base + top coat. Definitely bright but slightly uneven. Would have been great with two coats of color I'm sure but 4 coats.... *cue the whining* 

To The Plinth Degree
To The Plinth Degree
1 coat over 2 coats of base + top coat. This one is definitely highlighter worthy in person. It's also more forgiving in my opinion with only one coat of color. I'm wondering if these marble. Hmm. 

The Mural Of The Story
The Mural Of The Story
Oh me oh my, this one has my heart. Slightly more green in person. 2 coats + top coat. I've heard some had some slight staining with this one. I used a pretty thick coat of base coat so I didn't experience any staining but just in case, better safe than sorry. I'd double up on a base if you need this one in your life. 

I Am So Enameled By You
I Am So Enameled By You
1 dabbed coat over TMOTS + top coat. This glitter is base heavy but totally worth it. Next time I use this one I'll be using a sponge for sure. It's freaking gorgeous!

Umber-Ella
Umber-Ella
2 coats + top coat. I'm dying over this one. It's so delicate but sparkly. It's like a magical sand that I can't get enough of. 

Off To Collage!
Off To Collage!
1 coat over the neon base white + top coat. I'm not sure if this is meant to be a tinted base or f the glitters bled. I was sad that I chose a white base because once I noticed I didn't have time to change my base color choice lol! I'm not a fan of this combo. But the polish itself is really pretty. Blue and purple glitter with smaller irridescent glitters is a-ok with me. I wish the base was clear though. 

These are $5.49 ($4.99 with your Sallys card) at Sallybeauty.com and Sally beauty stores nationwide.

You can follow along for more info and swatches from FingerPaints on their social media
Instagram
Facebook

P.S. FingerPaints always has bogo deals and one is currently going on! 

Any of these catch your eye? Let me know! 


Thanks for hanging out with me. Until next time! 

Xo, Lo

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I like them all, but I must have the last three...guess I better get myself to Sallys, the Fingerpaints display is always so small...that will be for instant gratification, otherwise I will just order them online somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the neon base and top coat when I was at Sally's yesterday but didn't really pay any attention to it. There are some pretties in here that's for sure! I don't like using a white under my neons either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice gold nailpolish :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Am So Enameled By You and Off To Collage...look AWESOMELY Gorgeous!!!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors are very pretty. However, I'm most intrigued by the new neon basecoat and topcoat. I really don't like to have to do a white base with neons either. I know it's necessary for some but I whine about it too. So knowing there's a good white base is helpful. The topcoat is totally like SuperChic Lacquer's Marvel Star quick drying topcoat. If you like the Finger Paints one definitely check out Marvel Star out because it has a really strong UV glow. My bottle glows just in sunlight coming into my room. Great review and swatches. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah! These are gorgeous!

    I'm also a whiner about not liking to have to use a white under a neon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful, I don't really like painting my nails white, but I like how it makes a neon pop x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful! I really wish Fingerpaints worked with my body chemistry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Mural of the Story is my kind of shade - that is the one I would pick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are freaking gorgeous! I have such a soft spot for Finger Paints anyways but this collection looks like a must have!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice colors! I don't have a lot of Finger Paint polishes, I've been so obsessed with indies lol Thinking I need to try some more though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are bright, bold and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Off To Collage looks really pretty in the bottle, I don't love it so much over the white base.

    ReplyDelete