BornPretty nail art Powder, Glitter & Flakies!

10:22 PM

Hello friends! It’s the first week of 2018 and I’m still riding the nail art Powder, Glitter and Flakie train! I think they’re so fun and so easy to use. In today’s post I’ve got one of each to share, these are from BornPretty!



First up.... a black holo glitter. Item #38603





To easily apply loose glitter as thin as possible, I like to use a clear stamper that I’ve dedicated to using only for glitter application use. I’m sure the stamper head will eventually wear down from rubbing glitter and flakies onto it.
So! First I opened the glitter pot and got my stamper. Applied some liquid latex for easy clean up. Then to achieve this look I rubbed a small amount of glitter onto the stamper. 
Next I applied a thin coat of sticky base coat over my dry base of Glisten & Glow Little Black Dress. I wait around 10 seconds to allow the sticky base coat to become tacky. Then I press my nail into the stamper. 

Remove the latex and apply a coat or two of top coat! 

Next up is the BornPretty Holo flakies! Item #39677




I love using the stamper and sticky base coat method! I think these holo flakies would look amazing over a silver base. 

Last but not least, here’s a quick swatch of the BornPretty Unicorn Pigment Item #39940 over a base of black and white soak off gel polish, my preferred base for pigments/powders. 




Once my base colors were cured, I applied a coat of MadamGlam no wipe top coat and cured that for 30 seconds. Using a sponge tip eyeshadow applicator I buffed the pigment on. As you can see over the  Black gel it gives off an awesome beetle effect. And over the White it gives the pastel unicorn vibe. I really love both and I bet this would great over a ton of other colors as well.

If you're placing an order soon you can use code LFG10 to save 10% off of your bornprettystore.com orders!

I hope you enjoyed today's post! Please stay tuned I have a couple more BornPretty products coming soon!







*Received for swatching/review. All opinions are honest and 100% my own based on my experiences.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I love my born pretty flakes and pigments. These are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still riding this glitter and powder train too! Uggghhhh these are so gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the holo flakes and the unicorn pigment powder, especially over white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are each so pretty! I liked the method that you used to apply the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! That glitter application technique looks amazing. No clumps, even distribution. Thanks so much for that tip!

    ReplyDelete